© 2009 Stephen J. Puetz.
All rights reserved.
Terms of Service
1. Consent to Terms of Service. Prior to using this web site, you are required to read all of the following terms of service ("TOS"). By using this Universal Cycle Theory Newsletter ("UCTNL") site, or any service from this site, you are subject to these TOS. These TOS may be updated from time to time without notice to you. These updates will become effective immediately. Hence, review the TOS occasionally. After posting updates, your access to the UCTNL site (or use of services from this site) constitutes your acceptance of the revised TOS. If you do not accept the TOS, you are immediately disallowed access to the UCTNL site and its services. You acknowledge that you have read and agree to the TOS below.
2. Intellectual Property. The UCTNL web site (including text, content, graphics, and services) is protected by copyrights, trademarks, and other proprietary rights and laws of the United States. You agree to abide by all applicable copyright and other laws. You agree to protect the intellectual property rights of UCTNL. You agree to notify UCTNL in writing or e-mail promptly upon becoming aware of any unauthorized use of UCTNL services by anyone. Unless permitted by the TOS, you may not copy any UCTNL services.
3. License. You hold no rights or licenses to the UCTNL services contained within this site -- other than the limited right to utilize the UCTNL services in accordance with the TOS. You may only use or download content from the UCTNL services in ways allowed by these TOS. Such download is licensed to you by UCTNL only for your own personal, noncommercial use. If you submit material to the UCTNL services, unless UCTNL indicates otherwise, you grant UCTNL a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, copy, and display such content throughout the world in any form, media, or technology now known or hereafter developed. You also permit any other user to access, store, or reproduce such material for that user's personal use. You grant UCTNL the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such content. You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the material that you submit. UCTNL disclaims any responsibility and assume no liability for any material submitted by you.
4. Restrictions. You may not use the UCTNL services for any illegal purpose or in any manner inconsistent with the TOS. You agree to use the service solely for your own noncommercial use and benefit, and not for resale or other transfer or disposition to, or use by or for the benefit of, any other person or entity. You agree not to use, transfer, distribute, or dispose of any information contained in the service in any manner that could compete with the business of UCTNL. You may not copy, reproduce, distribute, publish, display, modify, create derivative works, transmit, or in any way exploit any part of the service, except that you may download material from the UCTNL services or make one print copy for your own personal, noncommercial use. Modification of UCTNL content is a violation of the copyrights of UCTNL. You may not offer any part of the service for sale or distribute it over any other medium. You may not use any of the trademarks, copyrights, or logos of UCTNL in any manner which creates the impression that such items belong to you. You will not use the UCTNL services in unsolicited mailings or spam material. You may not enter into this agreement unless you are at least eighteen (18) years old.
5. Disclaimer. You agree to use UCTNL services at your sole risk and acknowledge that the UCTNL services are provided as is, and that UCTNL makes no warranty of any kind regarding its services. You acknowledge that UCTNL services are provided for information purposes only. UCTNL does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of any of its services. You must determine for yourself the suitability of your investments. Accordingly, UCTNL shall not be liable to you or any other person for any inaccuracies, errors, or omissions from the UCTNL services.
6. Payments. If at any time UCTNL requires a fee for portions of the UCTNL services, UCTNL may require you to register and create an account. After registration, you must pay all fees and charges incurred through your account at the rates in effect for the billing period in which such fees and charges are incurred, including but not limited to charges for any products or services offered for sale through the UCTNL services by UCTNL. All fees and charges shall be billed to you, and you shall be solely responsible for their payment. You shall pay all applicable taxes relating to the use of the UCTNL services through your account. Some UCTNL services may require a prepaid fee, which may be modified from time to time in UCTNL's sole discretion. The prepaid fee and all taxes will be paid by you in advance. In no event will you receive any portions of the UCTNL services if a prepaid fee is required unless UCTNL first receives all payments payable by you.
7. Indemnification. You agree, at your own expense, to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless UCTNL from any claims, damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses, including reasonable attorneys' and experts' fees, arising out of or in connection with the UCTNL services. You agree to pay any and all costs, damages, and expenses, including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys' fees and costs awarded against or otherwise incurred by or in connection with or arising from any such claim, suit, action, or proceeding attributable to any such claim.
8. Termination. You may terminate the TOS, with or without cause and at any time, by discontinuing your use of the UCTNL services and destroying all materials obtained from the UCTNL services. You agree that, without notice, UCTNL may terminate the TOS, or suspend your access to the UCTNL services, with or without cause at any time and effective immediately. The TOS will terminate immediately without notice from UCTNL if you, in UCTNL's sole discretion, fail to comply with any provision of the TOS. Upon termination of the TOS by you or UCTNL, you must discontinue your use of the UCTNL services and destroy promptly all materials obtained from the UCTNL services.
9. Linking. You are permitted to link to uct-news.com under certain conditions. Upon linking to uct-news.com pursuant to the TOS, you will be granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable, royalty-free sub-license to use the UCTNL mark owned by UCTNL solely for providing an underlined, textual link from your web-site to uct-news.com. No other use of UCTNL's trademarks or logos is permitted without express written permission from UCTNL. Without limiting other provisions contained in the TOS, you may include a link on your web-site to UCTNL's publicly accessible web-pages. You may not link uct-news.com to any site containing an inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, or unlawful material. Furthermore, you may not link uct-news.com to any web-site that violates any applicable intellectual, proprietary, privacy, or publicity rights.
10. Framing. You may not frame any web-page from uct-news.com, except with our express written permission. Further, you may not archive, cache, or mirror any uct-news.com web-page or portions of a web-page. If you want to use, reprint, frame, or redistribute any uct-news.com content other than as permitted herein, you must request permission from UCTNL in writing. Include your name, e-mail address, telephone number, and the web-site address where the requested use will occur. Also include details about the requested framing activities, including the web-pages from uct-news.com that you want to use.
11. Governing Law. The preceding TOS are governed by laws of the United States of America.
© 2009-2021 Stephen J. Puetz.
All rights reserved.